Blog of Mourning
Things I miss:
Going to the comic book store with Avery and then trying to read at the same pace.
Having rehearsals with Solon that alternate serious work with complete ridiculousness.
The sunshine.
Watching Alias with Nina and her always falling asleep.
Singing well.
Oatmeal with Elisa and occasionally Gwen.
Russian House in general.
Stephanie in particular.
Harper and Malto.
Those few singers that I really connected with and who are really doing the singing thing.
Sam's house his fourth year: Angela, Gil & Jody, Brando, The Captain, Jere, Sam.
Stevenson Lunch (the silliness, not the food).
I suppose I could do a companion entry on things I don't miss (drama, finals, disrespectful superiors, 4+ hour long Student Senate meetings, other drama, constantly working working working working).
This exercise has been surprisingly cathartic. My sadness at things lost grew through that list, but then just thinking back on the things I don't miss left me feeling much, much better. Perhaps this will be my new therapy. (A friend mine actually titled his blog "Public Therapy." I thought that was quite apt.)
Going to the comic book store with Avery and then trying to read at the same pace.
Having rehearsals with Solon that alternate serious work with complete ridiculousness.
The sunshine.
Watching Alias with Nina and her always falling asleep.
Singing well.
Oatmeal with Elisa and occasionally Gwen.
Russian House in general.
Stephanie in particular.
Harper and Malto.
Those few singers that I really connected with and who are really doing the singing thing.
Sam's house his fourth year: Angela, Gil & Jody, Brando, The Captain, Jere, Sam.
Stevenson Lunch (the silliness, not the food).
I suppose I could do a companion entry on things I don't miss (drama, finals, disrespectful superiors, 4+ hour long Student Senate meetings, other drama, constantly working working working working).
This exercise has been surprisingly cathartic. My sadness at things lost grew through that list, but then just thinking back on the things I don't miss left me feeling much, much better. Perhaps this will be my new therapy. (A friend mine actually titled his blog "Public Therapy." I thought that was quite apt.)

<< Home