Albert Blogger

Occasional bursts of information.

Monday, June 25, 2007

I still love it here, although the lack of rain is a little weird.

Over the weekend, I went into the City - first Oakland, then San Francisco. On Saturday night, Aaron picked me up in SF near the CalTrain station, and we went for some great pizza at his favorite pizza place. His friend was driving the team van - a white 15 passenger van - and got us past a 30 minute wait for the bridge by driving the wrong way down a 1-way ally, driving a bit on the sidewalk, and using the turn lanes for driving through. It was exciting.

I finished reading Zadie Smith's White Teeth while Aaron filmed this gentleman not quite making the trick he had in mind. It was a lovely book - the ending is really nice.

Aaron's house was our next stop, and it was absolutely wonderful. It is in a converted warehouse (still zoned commercial) in Emeryville, and has a 35 or 40 foot halfpipe taking up about half the place. They have a bunch of couches around a TV, which I'm informed is a new addition - before there was just a huge empty space, which was a little weird. We had a beer at the most nondescript bar I've seen, and went to Safeway to pick up a bottle of Jaeger for Aaron to drink on for a few days.

At Safeway, we picked up a box of Aaron's favorite new treat, the famous San Francisco It's-It. An It's-It is an icecream sandwich made with oatmeal cookies covered in chocolate. Fucking delicious.

I went to bed pretty early. Aaron and I had breakfast when he got back from dropping someone off at the airport and taking someone else to the train station. We went to the Pride Parade, which was pretty weird. Don't get me wrong -- I like gay people just as much as the next bloke. I just don't like seeing naked 60 year old men.

Overall, the parade was fun, but I didn't hook up with the housemates as I expected, so after Aaron took off, I did a lot of wondering around.

The best part might have been the bum running down the street with a shopping cart while we were waiting for the parade, and people starting cheering for him, and he totally went with it. He had a bunch of bags and starting waving them around & dancing after the shopping cart. It was really great.

The other cool dude was this guy singing really loudly to himself while Aaron & I were walking toward the parade. And there was a cat across his back.

Dinner Time!