Albert Blogger

Occasional bursts of information.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Mozart & Cancer

Mozart's 250th birthday came & went without overwhelming fanfare. The Mozart Marathon was successful (at least for as much as I attended). I didn't go to any of the evening concerts or the reception; I was entirely too busy relaxing after performing. The concert aria went well; I was in good voice & expressed what I wanted to. The pizza afterward was good, & I eventually made it over to Union Street to watch Geraci play a ridiculous computer game from the 90s.

I'm in Ulysses, Kansas now, sitting in my grandma's living room. Her middle son, Bob, is falling asleep on the couch, & I'm on duty from 8-9 while my dad & Toots (his sister) watch Desperate Housewives. Bob was diagnosed w/cancer of the lining of inferior venae cavae (a main artery running into the from the body into the heart) a few weeks ago, & it has hit him hard & fast. Well, maybe not fast. He was already really weak, so it's probably been growing for a while. He is not expected to recover, so we are all trying to make him as comfortable as possible. Someone has to be in the room with him at all times, so we take turns, and my dad sleeps very little.