Albert Blogger

Occasional bursts of information.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Decisions

Pat, the oldest child, has arrived. He's tan from a week (or two?) in Hawai'i. Dad & Toots have been showing him the ropes. Bob has stopped talking constantly & now sleeps constantly. He doesn't have very much time left.
Decisions must be made soon concerning my flight back to Oberlin. I am conflicted concerning the funeral & the beginning of the semester. I would be somewhat comfortable missing the first couple of days of classes, but with my recital looming, I don't want to miss both studio classes in the next couple weeks. I suppose I could get an hour in Kulas & gather some people to have something of an audience. The issue is the uncertainty surrounding Bob's time to go & when the funeral will be. Eeek.
It was firmly established (I think) that I will not be singing at the funeral. Although it would be touching, I sincerely doubt my ability to get through anything, let alone Schubert's Ave Maria, with my family crying.
But, as I have been reminded at least 20 times in the last few weeks, we are playing this by ear, hour-to-hour, not making any long-term plans.
For dinner tonight I had 1.5 bean tostadas from El Ranchito (The 'Chito) & one full serving of Green Chili Soup, food of the Gods.