Albert Blogger

Occasional bursts of information.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

dogs, woodwinds, cover letters

I was awoken around 7:15am by two medium-sized black cocker spaniel - lab mixed dogs. Both dogs have varying degrees of white w/black spots on their paws. One is cocker spaniel/lab, the other is lab/cocker spaniel. The lab-first dog has shorter hair and a lab-face, and the cocker spaniel-first dog has long-ish hair and a cocker spaniel-face. Their stomachs apparently work like clockwork, and now I'm awake.

Dog-sitting is fun, for the house & the dogs & the someplace new for a little while. Getting out of bed this morning, because Sasha wouldn't get out of my face - this was less fun.

I am very tired. We have one more concert to go this weekend.

Last night was the New York Woodwind Quintet recital. It went well. Lauren had rehearsal, so she couldn't come until it was over. But she seemed like she wanted to help once she got there. The search for a new intern is on hold until next week. This past week we didn't do anything with it. I'm very curious about how different next year will be. Perhaps the office will be more functional if the two interns aren't colleagues and friends.

Cover letters remain possibly the most awful form of writing on earth. I don't yet know how to find a balance between my strong (but fun) personality and the need to be formal. The letters alternate between sounding too excited & not concise enough, and not sounding at all like me.