Albert Blogger

Occasional bursts of information.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Indoors & Outdoors

Sam & I broke up last Wednesday morning. It is strange because I am not sad when I am around him. We went on a long walk in the Arb yesterday. It was muddy & the squishing sound of our boots in the mud was unbelievable. More unbelievable are the things he says & the warmth in my chest when I'm around him. He still makes me very happy. But for now he needs to be alone to figure out some ill-running processes in his brain.
The TIMARAists have moved into their Union Street house & it is beautiful & too big. The main room/dining room is too big for the amount of furniture; deciding upon a configuration of said furniture was quite a challenge. I won the fight for a solitary comfy chair & proceeded to read Murakami's Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World for about 6 hours. John just returned from a couple of nights at his parents' place in Chesterland; I think it was very restorative for him.
There isn't enough sunlight in Oberlin & I can't wait for the summertime. Reading Pam Houston short stories makes me want to go hiking in Telluride & rafting in a river & breath a lot of outside air. I ran this morning, & it was more successful than I expected. I tired much later than usual & wasn't uncomfortable until I stopped running and cooled down enough to realize that it really was 30 degrees outside. I hope I get a summer job in someplace away from any cities, or that I go to Vienna & learn to speak German. Right now I'm hoping more for the woods.