Albert Blogger

Occasional bursts of information.

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fellowship ending; Real Life beginning

I've watched about 20 hours of The O.C. in the last five days. It's been a good run of escapism as I prepare to leave Oberlin for San Francisco. Seth + Summer forever. The show is more different than Gossip Girl than I expected; it's more about the music and the people, and less about the clothes. That's not to say GG isn't about people; it's just so much prettier overall.

I'm staying in a coworker's house while he's on vacation moving his fiancée from Penn State to Oberlin. His little dog Tan Tan actually reminds me a lot of Toto, except she's white. Tomorrow is my last day as a fellow.

YEEK.

Tuesday I will fly to San Francisco and stay with Solon until I find a place to live, preferably in the Mission. And I will find a job, whether permanent or temp, so I can continue to live in the beautiful cat-friendly apartment I find.

The future is coming, and I'd like to duck my head and hide for a little while longer. The present is just so comfortable.

Good things:
1. http://infinitesummer.org : I'm really going to do it! The schedule is both on my gcal & taped on in the inside cover of the sun-faded copy I've been hauling around with me for the last 10 years.
2. Häagen-Dazs Mango icecream
3. Visits from the folks.
4. Learning that smart, critical thinkers can also really love feel-good, heartwarming things; that you don't always have to be hypercritical; that being hypercritical can just be a fun game and it doesn't mean things actually suck that bad.

There are some people from this year that I'm really going to miss.