Albert Blogger

Occasional bursts of information.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Email Follow-Up

It seems that my father has put a link to my blog in the Christmas e-mail.

My mom had knee surgery on Friday Dec. 22; this is why she is wearing pajamas in the Christmas photograph. Pajamas are about all she's wearing these days, since she's been bedridden since Friday afternoon. She'll go to the doctor tomorrow & get some stitches removed.

The Fall Semester is over! It was very good academically. I took a class on Japanese Woodblock Prints & gave my final presentation on a print from Hiroshige's 100 Famous Views of Edo. The print is gorgeous. Please see it here. That class and my Analysis & Performance were the best two classes I took. Analysis & Performance is an upper-division music theory class. The first half of the semester is spent listening & analyzing the music & the performances, and the second half of the semester is spent with in-class performances by students in the class.

I'm giving my junior voice recital on February 19th at 6:30pm. I'm going to sing a Mozart concert aria, Ah! Non son io che parlo, Zigeunerlieder (Gypsy Songs) by Brahms, and 5 Popular Greek Songs by Ravel. It should be very good.