Door Signs & Rules of Style
Today I made door signs for the people at Oberlin that I miss a lot and that I have pictures of. They are kind of silly, but I think they turned out well. I printed pictures off at the studio, then glue sticked them onto pretty paper. I wrote messages like: "Welcome to your Room!" and "Welcome." I'm excited to run around campus & hang them on doors, impatiently awaiting the return of my family-away-from-family. I didn't have a good picture of just Jordan, so I printed a photo of the enactment of DaVinci's Last Supper in the Decafe. I'm not sure which apostle he is, but he's definitely in there.
I've been reading Strunk & White's Rules of Style. That sentence does not follow the rules; I had to put the title in italics instead of underlining them, because Blogger does not offer underlining text. The book fits easily into any of my purses, so I can read it at virtually any point during the day.
The point of the story: I might use this blog as a means of exploring those things I learn from Mr. Strunk & Mr. White. Then again, I might use the next semester of essays as a means of proving my knowledge. My first goal: to write more in the active voice.
I've been reading Strunk & White's Rules of Style. That sentence does not follow the rules; I had to put the title in italics instead of underlining them, because Blogger does not offer underlining text. The book fits easily into any of my purses, so I can read it at virtually any point during the day.
The point of the story: I might use this blog as a means of exploring those things I learn from Mr. Strunk & Mr. White. Then again, I might use the next semester of essays as a means of proving my knowledge. My first goal: to write more in the active voice.

<< Home